Tyrol Commercial Cleaning developed this policy to reduce exposure of building occupants and custodial personnel to potentially hazardous chemical contaminants that adversely impact air quality or impede occupants’ well-being. In short, we want to control the health-negative components within the indoor as well as the outdoor environment.
Goals and Strategies
‘Green Cleaning’ goals are to minimize the exterior’s impact on the local environment and to emphasize and practice environmentally safe, low-impact cleaning chemicals and practices.
We continually aim to improve our environmental performance by:
- Educating, training, and motivating custodial staff to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Ensuring that all custodial staff is aware of their responsibilities in implementing this environmental policy
- Conserving energy, water, and other resources while still providing a cleaned and sanitary environment
- Complying with all relevant current legislation and industry standards
- Using cleaning products that meet Green Seal standard GS-37 or products with low-volatile organic compounds (VOC) whenever applicable
- Using products that meet EPA standards with high post-consumer recycled content
- Using equipment with good filtration
- Eliminating phosphates and aerosol products
- Using concentrated cleaning products when available
- Using chemicals that are automatically and accurately diluted using cold water
- Using products and resources that are packed with recycled materials